3 medium capsicums
4 bacon short cuts
2 medium chicken breasts
2 medium brown onions
3 medium carrots
1 medium zucchini
10 snow peas
2 fresh jalapeños (or 4 slices jar)
1 container Sour Cream
1 jar salsa
1 packet burrito tortillas (pack 10)
1. Chop chicken breasts into 2cm squares and bacon into 1cm squares.
2. Slice capsicum, carrots, zucchini, onion and snow peas. Keep carrots and onions separate from other vegetables.
3. Dice jalapeños. (Prepare extra jalapeños if you enjoy spicy food.)
4. Preheat BBQ.
5. Lightly cover BBQ plate with oil. Once heated, place chicken and bacon on plate and toss till chicken has been sea
6. Place onion, carrot and jalapeños on BBQ. Keep tossing to prevent burning.
7. Once onion has become translucent, add the rest of the vegetables. Allow them to sit for about 60 seconds before you start tossing to let the BBQ add flavour to the capsicum.
8. Toss the fajita mix until the onion caramelises and the capsicum is softened. Whilst waiting for the mix to finish, lightly toast the tortillas on the second BBQ plate.
9. Once finished, serve all the fajita ingredients on platters for guests to make their own fajita pockets.
10. Making fajita pockets:
1. Pour one scoop of fajita mix onto a tortilla.
2. Pour one teaspoon of salsa and sour cream onto the fajita mix. Leave one end of tortilla free of mix.
3. Fold the fajita into an edible pocket. Fold the empty end over contents and fold over two sides. Goce! (enjoy).