Summer Gem Salad is a quick, simple and tasty summer pasta salad that has the added bonus of costing under $2.50 per serve! Enjoy your home grown sweet corn, snow peas and capsicum in a salad hand crafted to draw out their flavour.
- 1 chorizo sausage
- 500 grams penne pasta
- Fresh corn, cooked and removed from the cob
- 1/3 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 10 snow peas (or green beans if you prefer) chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbls sweet chili sauce
- Boil penne pasta, rinse well, drain and cool Slice sausage, fry, drain oil well Chop all veggies to the same size Combine above Stir through oil and sweet chili sauce.
- Simple, delicious, and perfect for a summer barbecue or cool lunch on a hot, hot Australian day. Best of all, it brings out the very best in your home grown veggies – which ALWAYS taste better.