There is nothing better than a crispy, fresh salad and growing your own is so easy!
If you’re trying your hand at gardening for the first time or simply don’t have the time or space for a large garden bed, salad can be grown straight in a bag of quality potting mix. It’s as easy as that!
Grow it! Steps for planting up your bag of potting mix
1. Cut 6 square openings into the top of the potting mix bag (For larger vegetables, make less square openings. For example with tomatoes, we recommend one plant per bag for best cropping.)
2. Dig down into the potting mix and plant your salad seedlings. Press the potting mix back around your seedlings after planting.
3. Give your seedlings a drink with a diluted mix of SeaMax® Fish & Kelp. This assists with decreasing transplant shock and gives your new seedlings a better start in life.
Because there are NO HOLES in the bottom of your bag, be mindful not to overwater. You’ll only have to water every few days during Summer, and less often during colder seasons.
Why not try growing these in a bag:
What are the three (3) cost benefits of growing in a bag of potting mix?
1. No need to purchase expensive pots and containers.
2. No need to outlay building materials for garden beds or tools.
3. Bag keeps the potting mix moist, thus decrease in water consumption bills.Annual Seasonal Vegetable, Fruit & Herb Planting guide Re-potting Pot Plants