1 cup fresh basil leaves
1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (alternative Avocado Oil)
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup pine nuts (alternative cashews)
freshly ground black pepper
1. Pre heat pan and lightly fry pine nuts in 1 tablespoon of oil. Remove from heat once golden brown as can burn easily.
2. place all ingredients into a blender & blend!
Great ways to use
1. Make extra and freeze portions for later use.
2. Use as a sauce in Pasta dishes with 100grams of lite cream & 100grams lite evaporated milk (mix in cream & evaporated milk at end so as not to split the cream).
3. Great on anti pasta platters with gourmet cheese and crispy breads, serve with a quality wine.