For a beautiful spring fish dish, you can’t go past Barramundi. This recipe is simple, delicious and perfect for entertaining.
1 cup white rice
½ teaspoon turmeric
10 strands saffron
250g fillet barramundi
½ cup plain flour
6 cherry tomatoes
10g baby spinach
10 g Butter
½ cup thickened cream
dried, ground lemon myrtle
½ cup white wine
- Place 3 cups of water in a saucepan to boil, add the rice, turmeric and saffron and simmer until the rice has absorbed all the water.
- Press rice into mould (optional) and set aside.
- Coat the barramundi fillet with a dusting of flour.
- Melt 50g butter in a shallow saucepan until it begins to bubble, add the fillet presentation side first.
- Cook until golden brown, then turn and cook for a further minute.
- Transfer to an oven tray and place into a pre heated oven at 180°C for 5 to 10 minutes while you prepare the white wine sauce.
- Quarter cherry tomatoes, place in pan with spinach until wilted.
- To serve, turn out rice onto a heated plate with spinach and tomatoes.
- Place the barramundi fillet on the plate and cover with sauce.
- Heat 10g butter in a saucepan, add the thickened cream and simmer until it starts to reduce.
- Add the white wine and reduce by half.
- Before serving, add a pinch of salt and pepper, lemon myrtle and the juice of the lemon wedge.