Extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
half cup mushrooms diced
2 celery sticks, finely chopped
2 cups of shredded cabbage
half cup of diced ham (omit ham for a vegetarian option)
1 tablespoon of cornflour
1 tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of coriander or parsley
250g packet of frozen spring roll pastry, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 200˚C. Coat baking tray with oil.
2. Heat oil in frying pan on high. Add onion, garlic & mushrooms and cook until onions appear glazed.
3. Add celery, capsicum and cabbage and stir for 3 minutes. Add ham, cover for another minute.
4. Meanwhile mix cornflour, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and herbs in a separate bowl.
5. Combine cornflour mix to the pan ingredients and heat until mixture boils and thickens. Remove mix from pan and allow to cool.
6. Place one to two tablespoons of the mixture at one corner of one spring roll sheet. Fold sheet sides in first then roll up. Place on baking tray.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until spring rolls are golden. Serve with dipping sauce like sweet chilli or soy sauce.
Other delicious Asian inspired recipes:
Gardening articles you may find interesting: