Crispy and sweet when picked fresh off the vine, Snow Peas make for the ultimate ingredient in an Asian stir fry dish.
1 crushed garlic clove
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp vegetable oil
12 peeled large prawns
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp dark sesame oil
150g trimmed snow peas
1. Marinate the prawns in the sugar for one (1) hour.
2. Cook rice (steam or boil) to have ready.
3. Heat oil in a wok over high heat. When the oil is hot, cook the garlic, stirring frequently, for 30 seconds.
4. Add the snow peas and prawns into the wok and fry rapidly for one (1) minute, stirring frequently.
5. Add the soy sauce and sesame oil, stir for one (1) minute.
6. Serve immediately on a bed of rice.